new water cylinder fitted. are all these problems connected | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new water cylinder fitted. are all these problems connected in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

K

kev5585

Hi. just wondering if anybody could help as not certain if all these problems are connected or if I am just having a run of bad luck.

Around 6 weeks ago I had a leak in my hot water cylinder which flooded through the ceiling. The system was drained down partially and isolated, leaving us with cold water but no heating or hot water.

Fast forward 5 weeks and I eventually got somebody in to replace the cylinder. It was replaced with a telford 1050x400 cylinder as a direct replacement. When the old one was disconnected there was still some water inside which again leaked, and in the process of removing it the electric box in front of the cylinder was damaged (since been replaced and the wiring redone)

When the boiler was fired up again there was an issue and all the electrics tripped, with the installer saying the ch pump had seized and needing replacing. This was done and now we have heating and hot water.

Since then the following has happened.

No water comes out of the shower at all but it was working before the cylinder leaked. Been in the attic and the isolation valves to the pump are open (salamander ct75 twin pump) and there seems to be power going to it (cable has been checked and lighting up)

My freezer still has power going to it when it is plugged in however it has now stopped freezing anything and so thinking it will need replacing

Gas double oven now has no gas coming to it and is not igniting. When it is turned on the lights inside usually come on however they are not working either. However the gas hob is still igniting and working.

Smiths under cooker heater blowing out cold air however not hot air.

Electrics repeatedly tripping out, usually when trying to light the cooker but also other times.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to try and give all the info. Due to the amount of stuff going wrong wondering if it is all connected however maybe im just having a lot of bad luck.

Any advice?

looks like a lot of bad luck!

about the only ting i can see connected to changing the cylinder is the shower pump, which if sited in the attic probable has air in it! if there is power to it.

also possible the smiths heater if connected to the heating system, if the heating was drained down, could also be air or crud in the system!

hope this helps!!

Seems a crazy run of bad luck.... The electrics tripping out I'd pprobably related to your booster pump which sounds like has gone down the swanny to be honest. I have a very similar issue in a big house we look after, either that or an earth isn't connected somewhere(wiring for the new immersion?) And you are getting earth leakage.

Hi. cheers for that. you were right about the shower pump. I've run I without the pump on and it seems to have got the air out so that is now working. as for the oven that is also now working, it seems that the settings were changed when the power went out and it went into auto mode..didn't even know it had it but all working now.

will get the heater drained to see if that's working and see whats going on with the freezer. Thanks for the quick reply

cheers idchappy. the pump seems to be working now but will give it a good run and see if it keeps working..if not then at least I know it will need replacing. as for the earth connection I will keep it in mind and speak to the plumber and see what he says. thanks for the quick reply.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello all I'm replacing 2 unvented cylinder a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Has anyone fit the hot water cylinders with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I used wd40’s silicone spray version
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
Back