New Worcester Bosch 24i boiler - are these normal noises? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss New Worcester Bosch 24i boiler - are these normal noises? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sprintmancolin

Have just had a new Worcester Bosch 24i boiler fitted. It heats up the house and the water lovely.

However, the boiler is not very quiet when it's working. It makes a constant droning noise when it's on (not loud but loud enough to hear). As it is a brand new boiler I was expecting it to be quieter than it is and so now I'm paranoid that something is wrong with it.

My question is simple. Should the boiler be silent when working or is it normal to have a bit of a humming noise?

Thanks for any advice.

If its a new one it's covered by Warrenty, either get your installer back or ring WB.
But I doubt theres anything wrong with it.

Maybe your old boiler was balanced flue so had no pump or fan humming away... The new boilers make a slight hum, but nothing too bad...

Does it do the droning when it's been running for a while and has throttled back to a reduced rate?

Is it louder than kettle boiling / microwave ? Or is it louder than a challenger tank on the motorway?

Thanks for responses. It's like the sound of a microwave or kettle boiling which I guess is normal?

See my separate post about installation by a non Gas Safe registered plumber which might help explain :-(

Cheers

Yeh if installed by muppet slap yourself. Switch it off and get some one off the gas safe website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Apologies for not attaching photos but many...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Back