new worcester/bosch cdi37 combi boiler cuts out at 50c ? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss new worcester/bosch cdi37 combi boiler cuts out at 50c ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vinnythehat

Hi everyone...new to this so sorry if I dont express myself correctly.
My new worcester/bosch cdi37 combi boiler cuts out at 50c when underfloor heating is calling for heat and pump is running at the manifold ?
I can get the heat to travel around the whole system (approx. 580 meters of piping) if I activate the c/h boost button on the boiler (boiler temp climbs to 93c then shuts down until the temp drops)...I have twice pushed mains water pressure through each circuit to make sure there are no airlocks....
Ps the dhw works fine and gives plenty of hot water....Please can someone help/suggest at solution..appreciate that there are a lot of things involved in this and I will try to answer any feedback questions with a view to a solution..
Thanking you all in advance
Vinnythehat

Hi everyone...new to this so sorry if I dont express myself correctly.
My new worcester/bosch cdi37 combi boiler cuts out at 50c when underfloor heating is calling for heat and pump is running at the manifold ?
I can get the heat to travel around the whole system (approx. 580 meters of piping) if I activate the c/h boost button on the boiler (boiler temp climbs to 93c then shuts down until the temp drops)...I have twice pushed mains water pressure through each circuit to make sure there are no airlocks....
Ps the dhw works fine and gives plenty of hot water....Please can someone help/suggest at solution..appreciate that there are a lot of things involved in this and I will try to answer any feedback questions with a view to a solution..
Thanking you all in advance
Vinnythehat

Hi Vinny, I had this problem a few months ago. I phoned Worcester Bosch and they said if this the first time the boiler has been switched on and its commissioned correctly it could be at least 48hrs for the boiler to self programme/analyse itself....true to form it did. Pain is the bum though trying to explain this to customers.

the u/f heating will running at about 55 or less so should work ok , but boiler should get hotter if the state on the boiler is turned up.
Or could be boiler will right it self as sugested, but it is the first time I have heard of it

Thanks for your quick replies Altouraine & Erj....the boiler has been left switched on for more than 48hrs, although the underfloor heating controls have not(bit reluctant to leave them on when all is up and running with the pump running etc continually.. we have not yet moved into the house, still renovating etc.) may try leaving them on and see what happens...the boiler shuts down at 50c, but does not restart itself when the temp. drops to below 50c !

Hi All, update...decided to ring Worcester/Bosch technical help line yesterday..they were unable to give any advice over the phone due the compelx problem...so many possibilities....so they arranged for a warranty covered engineer turn out, who arrived today at 1300hrs and within 10/15mins had solved the problem which was 1 wire connected wrongly by the electrician, inside the boiler itself, and once connected correctly the boiler fired up perfectly..so hows that for excellant service from the Worcester/Bosch team?
Many thanks to those who replied to my cry for help...cheers.

Hi All, update...decided to ring Worcester/Bosch technical help line yesterday..they were unable to give any advice over the phone due the compelx problem...so many possibilities....so they arranged for a warranty covered engineer turn out, who arrived today at 1300hrs and within 10/15mins had solved the problem which was 1 wire connected wrongly by the electrician, inside the boiler itself, and once connected correctly the boiler fired up perfectly..so hows that for excellant service from the Worcester/Bosch team?
Many thanks to those who replied to my cry for help...cheers.

I would have assumed that your GSR had limited the flow temperature to 50degC to protect your system.
You and the wife might fall out about her headaches all evenings if the surface temperature of your floor gets above 40 degC. And later about the fuel bill too. And about the not matching temperatures, aka hot at night cool in the day.

I remember a loft with lovely hardwood flooring where someone had forgotten to install the limiting stats on the flow. Original installers had fired the heating on max and nobody has been in the house. Complete new flooring all over had to be done as what has not been warped or cracked had been buckled or bend. I would check with the installer that Worcester has not overridden or deactivated some safety feature.
As well as it sounds funny having a low temperature heating and wanting it at high temperature.
If you have a screeded system it takes almost a day for responding to the input anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
S
Hello all I have a Worchester Bosch greenstar...
Replies
Views
StuckWithUFH
S
The Orion is about 65% efficient so not great...
Replies
Views
The condensate pipe might be sharing the drain...
Replies
Views
Billy Boiler
B
Back