Newbie here - Help required re Thermostat and programmer set up | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Newbie here - Help required re Thermostat and programmer set up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

T

tholbear

Hi All,

Newbie here and I wanted to understand the current heating set up in the new build property. Our builders havent been useful at all apart from saying it works as any other set up

I have an Ideal boiler in the kitchen and a hot water cylinder on the first floor. Heating is split into 2 zones (Zone 1 - GF Hallway, GF Lounge, Kitchen, FF Hallway - Room Thermostat
ESRTD2 in GF Lounge with live radiator) and (Zone 2 - 4 Bedrooms - Room Thermostat
ESRTD2 in Master bedroom with live radiator). I also have the ES3247B programmer in the kitchen to program / schedule the heating and hotwater .

My question and the point i'm struggling to understand:

I set up a schedule for heating to come on say 2 times a day and I also have an option to overide the programmer by using the room thermostat and setting the temperature. Now, If i use the room thermostat to set the temp as 22 C, the heating will kick in until the req temp and I want to stop heating so I turn the dial down to say 17 C. When the heating kicks in as per the program (twice a day), will it try to heat up the room to a specified temperature or will it heat it until it reaches 17 C because the room thermostat was previously dialled down to 17 C?

Apologies if I dont make sense as im not a native english speaker. Any help to understand how if works is very much appreciated.

the programmer controls the room thermostats so this needs to be calling first

and what ever you set them too it will reach this temp wont auto adjust eg to your desired 22dc

Similar plumbing topics

I will have to experiment like you said and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There are 7 manifolds total. I”m no expert...
Replies
Views
Have you read the installation bumf (See...
Replies
Views
S
No, it’s normally as you thought, downstairs...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
Back