Newbie question re Gloworm Fuel Saver Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Newbie question re Gloworm Fuel Saver Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bub

Hi everyone, glad I found this site as i'm stuggling with this one. I'm a Corgi operative by the way. Anyway, my query is I have a customer with the above boiler and it's about 10 plus years old. It seems to work perfectly well other then every now and them it emits a loud explosive type noise. It starts up Ok in the mornings, and the noise seems to occur after reaching its temperature and shutting down then when it fires up again. An y ideas what it could be? I'd appreciate your input.

is it when it restarts after shutting down when temp reached ?
does it sound like a gas related problem etc ?

explosive ignition is usually a build up of gas before igniting. can be quite amusing watching the flue when it happens! make sure the ignition electrode is clean and the ceramic is not cracked. also check the pilot injector a so and pressure. i am no familiar with this boiler if you have a gc number you could download MI's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Whoops, yes, well spotted. Getting my systems...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Being a combi boiler theres multiple fixes for...
Replies
Views
Did you ever get an answer to your problem? We...
Replies
Views
Back