newbie questions!! underfloor cooling | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss newbie questions!! underfloor cooling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steveandzoe

Hi all,

I'm new to this site and i was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice. I whish to install underfloor cooling/heating in my house in the south of france, I just have a couple of questions I would like some help with.

1. On a normall underfloor heating system there is a blending valve which mixes the hot water from the boiler (which in my case is a 12Kw air source heat pump) with the water in the underfloor circuit and then shuts of the flow of water from the boiler when the set temperature is reached, however the minimum temperature that i can set the blending valve to is 35C so do I need some sort of bypass valve to operate the system in cooling? (I'm told the water temp is around 17C).

2. I have read that a humidistat should be used with the system to prevent condensation build up on the floor is this necessary?.

3. I may go for actuators on the manifolds and thermosats in each room for better control (3 bed up + bathroom and 2 rooms down) Does anyone know of a good control system for a set up like this to operate heating and cooling?.

Thanks for any help you can offer me!!!

Steve.

You may get more help on this subject if you posted in the renewable energy forum

What's the point in underfloor cooling

Basic physics
Heat rises
Cold falls

Underfloor heating is perfect because it rises uniformly

Cooling. You may be lucky and get cold ankles

I agree with the physics but apparently it can cool a well insulated room by around 5 degrees and as long as we sit on bean bags on the floor it might help with the 35C summers!! Besides I keep my beer on the floor!!! :drool5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I started a long winded response but deleted...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they...
Replies
Views
Yes - the recommendation above is accurate for...
Replies
Views
Back