NHS Plumbers getting ripped off! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss NHS Plumbers getting ripped off! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LegionellaSlave

Alright plumbers.

Do any of you lads know any plumbers who work for the NHS?

Apparantly, they're getting there wages and T&C's cut in lots of different ways.

No more tea breaks!
Changes to call-out payments.

And worst of all, no more RRP (recruitment retention payment) which is about £60 a week!

If all these changes go ahead, it would put these lads about 10 years back which, in my opinion is absolutely disgusting!

If you, or someone you know works for the NHS, please post back to say how it is affecting you/them.

Thanks

Sounds like a carbon copy of a self employed plumber to be honest!

As a self employed engineer I would say there is a general erosion in our trade.
As an engineer I don't think there is a lot I can do about it but as an employed engineer I would be looking at my contract.
Does it break your basic terms of employment?

Alright plumbers.

Do any of you lads know any plumbers who work for the NHS?

Apparantly, they're getting there wages and T&C's cut in lots of different ways.

No more tea breaks!
Changes to call-out payments.

And worst of all, no more RRP (recruitment retention payment) which is about £60 a week!

If all these changes go ahead, it would put these lads about 10 years back which, in my opinion is absolutely disgusting!

If you, or someone you know works for the NHS, please post back to say how it is affecting you/them.

Thanks

Might not be the best. But at least they have jobs.

Maybe the NHS knows that if the plumbers left, they could refill the posts within 24hrs with plumbers happy to take over

Maybe the NHS knows that if the plumbers left, they could refill the posts within 24hrs with plumbers happy to take over

That's why the R & R premia have gone. Under Agenda for Change it was difficult to grade quite a few jobs at a price which would attract applicants, because things like "patient contact" and "budgetary responsibility" were quite highly weighted and plumbing jobs, amongst others, wouldn't score on these. Now that the economy is - er - "cooling down" a bit the Trusts will have decided that the extra premium for Recruitment & Retention isn't needed. It's down to each individual Trust though so you'll find some areas still have the R&R, whereas other areas will never have had it.

Had an interview for Sheffield Hospitals a few months ago and they mentioned the R&R was being withdrawn and it was all changing re. conditions etc. Lost out to a bloke who had worked there before. Still don't think it was a bad job though................ Better than scratching about for work!

Thanks for the replies lads.

Yeah it seems that they can change your contract and just give you 90 days notice.
And Wheeto #6 yes i've heard other trusts nearby are not losing there R.R.P.

I think what's most annoying is that it's the cleaners, porters, catering staff and tradesmen that are all taking a hit. While managers etc are unaffected. :73:

Anyway thanks again lads, I'll look forward to any more info/replies.

Thanks for the replies lads.

Yeah it seems that they can change your contract and just give you 90 days notice.
And Wheeto #6 yes i've heard other trusts nearby are not losing there R.R.P.

I think what's most annoying is that it's the cleaners, porters, catering staff and tradesmen that are all taking a hit. While managers etc are unaffected. :73:

Anyway thanks again lads, I'll look forward to any more info/replies.

Isn't it always the way about managers and supervisor the government huff and puff about middle management and such, they change role, job title etc but nothing changes for them. After all they write the rules...............

Can't the plumbers and other affected staff not take strike action?

I just thought I'd bump this up if anyone wants to chip in. :81:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
  • Question
I forgot to say. All our radiator thermostats...
Replies
Views
J
Replies
Views
Any chance you could find out how I could look...
Replies
Views
Back