Niagara valve problem? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Niagara valve problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Dudley Niagara valve fitted in a Dudley concealed cistern. After flushing there is a very small trickle of water into the toilet pan, which is fairly hard to see after a while but wets paper very easily. I don't know if this is normal or not, but it is now causing a stain on the ceramic which is unsightly. I have two others in the house which don't do this.
I've removed the Niagara to service it, which made no difference, so have now changed the entire Niagara valve parts (swapping over into the old valve base). Everything looked clean and smooth whilst it was apart, but the problem (if it is a problem) remains. Should I try changing the entire valve including base, which will be difficult positioned behind the panelling (and messy), or accept that this is normal for a Niagara?
Thanks,
Roger

water level ok? and no not normal

Check the base for any scratches/contaminants in the area where the valve's rubber washer forms a seal. If any limescale there - try cleaning with cilit bang/black domestos. Wear gloves and wipe in concentric motion.

Usually you need to remove the top part of the walve assembly to be able to acceess the base, where it seals against the rubber washer.

Once I had a bit of thread lodged there, causing a trickle leak into a pan and periodic cistern topups.

Check the base for any scratches/contaminants in the area where the valve's rubber washer forms a seal. If any limescale there - try cleaning with cilit bang/black domestos. Wear gloves and wipe in concentric motion.

Usually you need to remove the top part of the walve assembly to be able to acceess the base, where it seals against the rubber washer.

Once I had a bit of thread lodged there, causing a trickle leak into a pan and periodic cistern topups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
As its in water, you can only grease it. A hi...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
  • Question
You might check whether the flush button is...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Our building has a boiler that provides both...
Replies
Views
arkay-eff
A
Back