No air or water - noisy radiator | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No air or water - noisy radiator in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

A

Ange Hook

Hi, hoping for some advice with radiators that I don't seem to be able to bleed.
This is my second winter in a new build. The towel rail was making a knocking/pinging noise last winter so when I recently had my boiler serviced the engineer adjusted some screws on the rail itself and it's actually a lot better.. it just seems to ping now but the knocking has gone.
Two weeks later and there now seems to be a knocking noise coming from the pipes of my bedroom radiator (occasionally a rattle too) which definitely wasn't there before.
It's when it heats up so I'm guessing expansion noise but I find it odd that it wasn't doing it before so I thought maybe the radiators need bleeding, even though they all feel nice and hot.
When trying to bleed them I've found that several don't allow any air or water out at all. I don't think anything is blocked on the valve itself so just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why i'm not able to bleed them?
The knocking noise is driving me mad, it wakes me up not long after the heating comes on in the morning so I'm desperate to try and figure out what's causing it now.
The pressure on the boiler is at 31 which I think is ok.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
It could well be, the OP will soon hopefully...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The noise is pretty much the same, no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not strong enough to pump the water round or a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
But they don’t drain the system so can still...
Replies
Views
Pin hole leak on suction side of pump.
Replies
Views
Back