no drain valves grrr | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss no drain valves grrr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm not one for slagging off other peoples work, but roughed out a bathroom suite the other day(usual guy was on holiday) and we had to fit a towel rail, so on going to find the drain valve the old existing one is no longer in use and there is no new one fitted ! after customer seen me draining from TRV she questions why, and I said because your plumber didnt fit a drain off valve. She said "ohh its because he said its a new style combi boiler and you drain it from the boiler"

ayee no bother, think the guy is talking out his arse because its too much hard work to put a drain valve in. Get him back to fit one(wish i met her before as theres been a new vokera compact fitted recently with no external controls)

absolutely hate guys that don't fit drain off valves! Seems to be a regular occurrence when doing installs and can add a few hours to your job especially if its a drop feed system!

No external controls? has it got a room stat fitted? What about Part L compliance?

as i say not impressed with the last guy too much plastic pipe going on and boiler just put in without showing custard how to work it, didnt go into too much detail as i was there to fit the bathroom not question the other guys abilities

Wonder if the guy quoted a very "reasonable price".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks a lot, put lots more turns on + some...
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
Back