No hot or cold water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No hot or cold water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi there, looking for any advice possible. Woke up yesterday morning to no hot and cold water downstairs, and only cold upstairs from my bath/shower and bathroom tap. Heating worked fine all day and had no issue there. One thing I did find out is that when I left the upstairs tap running I could also get cold water from my downstairs, but only when upstairs was running which I do not understand. Woke up this morning and the boiler pressure was now on 0 bar and even when I tried to top it up nothing happened. I took up some floor boards where the pipes connected to my boiler run and noticed lots of ice on the side of my condenser pipe, I gave it the hair dryer treatment for about half an hour and heard a load of water come through and my boiler started working again though the pressure was shooting right up to 2-3 bar with the heating on. After doing all this I still have no water whatsoever downstairs hot or cold and still only cold upstairs.

Any advice hugely appreciated!

I've woken up to the same issue this morning. Water was spluttering out of the cold tap in the kitchen and now nothing is coming out except air. I have a stopcock barely accessible and no external visible pipes so I'm not really sure what to do.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
IME Mira showers of that age are usually very...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water...
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
  • Question
To improve the flow from your high-pressure...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Lou. No change. I have not been able to get...
Replies
Views
Back