No hot out of Trevi Thermostatic Shower | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No hot out of Trevi Thermostatic Shower in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

EvilDrPorkChop

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got an issue with a Ideal Standard (Trevi) CTV Concealed thermostatic shower. It's on a high pressure system with balanced hot and colds from the Combo valve @ 3 bar (tested).

The main issue is when you turn on the shower it only puts out cold water. The Non return valve on the hot side are clear and free, the hot pipe to the shower doesn't get hot not even one bit. If you turn on the Aqualisa Aquavalve concealed shower on the wall behind to Maximum hot (in another bathroom) the Trevi shower gets hot, and will control the temperature fine. If you turn the Aqualisa shower to cold the Trevi shower gets luke warm. If you open the hot bath tap in the bathroom even further down, the shower gets hot. With nothing else been drawn off the shower is cold.

I'm inclined to think that something is back feeding into the hot, more specifically the Hot on the Aqualisa shower that's on the other side of the wall. As reading the instructions for these it appears they have no non return valves. However everything is balanced so in theory this shouldn't happen.

Having spent all afternoon trying to work out the issue, and finding other problems i'm open to ideas. I'd just order a cartridge for the Trevi but at £150+VAT it'd be a wing and a prayer, but seeming the cartridge appears to work fine when there's a pressure 'drop' elsewhere i'm inclined to think that the cartridge isn't the issue.

Is there any valves on the aqua?

Upvote 0
Only thing you can possibly do is run the aqua until the brass is warm stick fga temp probes on either side and run the trevi and see if they drop / match

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

R
  • Question
My shower is controlled by what I think is a...
Replies
Views
RobLanlwyd
R
  • Question
I’ll give them a try thanks.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Unfortunately that would be me :) . My first...
Replies
Views
  • Question
HI Basher UPDATE ; I found a seal kit!! as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All. My Aqualisa Aquavalve enclosed mixer...
Replies
Views
Back