No hot water but heating works fine.. | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No hot water but heating works fine.. in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

B

brianj42

Got a Vaillant vcw-gb 242 eh combi boiler. Now 18 years old but serviced annually and worked like a dream, until now.

Central heating works no problem.

Turn on the kitchen hot water tap whilst the CH is on and the boiler switches off and the pressure rapidly drops off to zero.

Without the CH on the bathroom taps run hot and kicks the boiler into play no problem, but the kitchen hot tap does not start the boiler and runs cold.

The secondary HE has a slight leak, common problem with this boiler. But should that cause these issues ?

I have read it could be the expansion tank, another says it could be the HE and another it could be the diverter......

Corgi fitter has been here for 5 hours and he cannot make head nor tail of it.

Any Help would be appreciated

get a gas safe registered technician in and they should find the fault easily, corgi fitters have been persona non grata for several years now.

Sorry Lame, I meant to say the gas safe registered technician has been stumped for 5 hours.....Still thinking in Corgi...

Now what ?

cos you are not gsr then It would seem that advice wont be given here other than to say call some one in. Sorry

However 5 hours in and 18 yr old combi I would have said a lot sooner, time for a new boiler unless you want him to start dismantling and cleaning old relays found on this old girl

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, apologies Lame...Happen I should have read the warning "This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. "

I was just hoping to at least try and get an angle on what the problem may be so I can contact my guy and give pointers......

Ho Hum.

Hi Brian and welcome to the forum. No offence but if you have you give your gas safe registered guy pointers then it's time to find a new gas safe registered guy.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
76 Views and not one single "expert" has...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would suggest getting a G3 plumber in to...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Back