No hot water from hot water cylinder | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No hot water from hot water cylinder in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Having difficulty with our hot water from hot water cylinder. Now don't have a clue which taps / valves should be on or off.

No hot water coming through to the taps at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20200816_194109.jpg
    20200816_194109.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20200816_194119.jpg
    20200816_194119.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200816_195657.jpg
    20200816_195657.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 34
I can't see well enough but does the pipe with the gate valve on the right at shoulder height go to the bottom of the cylinder?
If it does, it should normally be open.
Have you checked if there is water in the tank in the loft above?
Did this 'just happen', or where you doing something when it occurred?

So no waters coming through the hot tap at all or only just cold through the hot ?

Did you refill the heating system unless you didn’t drain the heating system

Does the pump run when you turn the hot water on heating ?

I assume you mean this one? It's only turning a quarter turn if that
Yes, I did mean that one. They sometimes seize. If you know that you closed it, then try a bit more force to open it. Obviously I don't know the amount you used when you tried it but it should open. Try it both ways to see if it is open already if you're unsure.
Does that MV (motorised valve) open as it should when you demand hot water?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Morning, he took it out from where it was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Did you leave it an hour to heat up ?
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://myenergi.info/viewtopic.php?p=87432#p87432
Replies
Views
Back