No hot water glow worm 24ci boiler- please help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No hot water glow worm 24ci boiler- please help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

I

Ian Looms

Hello everyone, I have a glow-worm 24ci which was working fine and has now decided that it doesn't want to heat the water.

By this I mean that when the heating is turned on everything kicks in fine but when the tap is turned on nothing happens.

Water pressure is fine but doesn't get hot at all.

HELP PLEASE.

I'm not an expert, but if your system is fitted with a 2 port valve, or possibly a 3 port valve, the motor on the valve may have failed, meaning the valve is staying in the "heating" position allowing hot water around your CH, but then is NOT switching to supply hot water to your taps when there's a demand for hot water.

I only mention this as this is exactly what has just happened to my parents system!!!

However, they do have a hot water cylinder, so the hot water is stored and maintained at a constant temperature rather than being generated by the boiler when a hot tap is turned on.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Yeah, good shout. I will use the immersion...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, Thanks for posting, have you sorted your...
Replies
Views
Back