No hot water - Intermittent - ecoTec Plus | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No hot water - Intermittent - ecoTec Plus in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Woke this morning to no hot water but heating was working fine. Checked the forums and checked all the common problems:

Water and boiler pressure both ok
Timer ok (hot water set to all day)
No leaks and condenser pipe not frozen
No error codes
Tried running hot water with heating turned off

When I ran the hot water I didn’t get either the pilot light or hot water demand symbol on the boiler display. Only S code was S.7 which manual says is a heating code.

I did get a couple of bursts of hot water - once after setting the warm start function (for the first time ever) and again after resetting the boiler. during this I got the S codes S.20 (warmstart demand) and S.24 (burner ignited) But the temperature was lukewarm not hot. After turning the tap off I got S.25 (fan and water pump running) and S.27 (pump overrun). Stopped running the tap, tried again 10 minutes later and back to square one - freezing cold water, no pilot light coming on and no whirring noises from the boiler.

Any idea what this could be?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Plate to plate Sorry to say gas engineers job
Replies
Views
Is it a heat only boiler?, you say a new pump...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, So just had power restored again...
Replies
Views
Check the magna valves.
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back