No hot water or heating - filling loop not connected | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No hot water or heating - filling loop not connected in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello - this is my first post on the forum. I'm looking for some help with an issue we are facing in the house today.

Problem:

Over the past few weeks we have noticed that our hotwater hasn't been red hot, instead only luke warm. Additionally the radiators would turn on and off intermittently.

Today we've woken up and found an F1 error code on our iMINI 24 combi boiler. I have looked up the meaning of this code, and it suggests that the boiler has low pressure. I have checked and confirmed that this is the case, the boiler has pressure under 1.

I have read that what I now need to do is to re-pressure the boiler, and to do this I should use the filling loop. The problem here is that the filling loop on my boiler is not attached to any pipes at either end.

I have attached some images to this post, would anyone be able to assist me with the steps i need to take to attach the filling loop and re pressure the boiler? I've never done this before so any help would be appreciated on this cold cold morning.

Many thanks in advance,

James

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

Take the two top nuts off and put the filling loop nuts in their place. The ends of the loop push into the ends of the two valves. Open black lever quarter turn and close when the black needle reaches 1 ish, bit over won’t hurt, sat 1.2 bar.
Disconnect loop, replace nuts/ caps, (if that’s what they are),

Don't forget to tighten the filling loop nuts onto the valves

Hand tight will be fine

Thanks all, I have re pressured the boiler which has fixed the hot water issue. Your help is very much appreciated.

Our heating still doesn't seem to work consistently though, we have it switched on 24/7 at the moment, but the heating only kicks in for roughly 15min intervals several times through the day. The boiler status switches from blue - burner on when the heating is on, and back to status 0 when it decides to stop working. Status 0 means that the boiler is in standby operation awaiting either a central heating call or hot water demand, which is odd because the boiler is being call to provide heating.

I can't see any timer on the iMini 24 boiler so have eliminated that as the issue. Are there any other potential culprits for his problem?

Do you know what controls you have eg room thermostat, time clock etc ?

:D the dreadful auto

glad your sorted

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sorry I used the word 'bayonet' because many...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yep spot on
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a flexicom.cx that hasn’t been...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Back