No Hot water Performa 28 | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No Hot water Performa 28 in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

M

marshy01uk

Hi, wonder if someone could advise me on a problem with my Potterton performa 28 boiler.
I have to fire up my central heating system before I can get hot water and now I have to wait at least 10 minutes before the hot water will fire up and come through. the hot water sensor light is flashing until the hot water comes through, would it be so obvious as the hot water sensor or could it be something else? :confused:

Many thanks
Ian

If I were you I'd wait until a more expert opinion than mine is posted, but it could be the motorised valve that's not working properly. As far as I'm aware, a boiler will prioritise a call for hot water over heating but, as you suggest, it could be the hot water sensor.

Hope you get a more authoritative answer quickly!

Upvote 0
hi, like your previous reply im know expert but sounds like your diverter valve is sticking somehow possibly your motor that oporates the valve needs replacing.

Upvote 0
assuming its the combi ie no hot water storage cylender
take off the front cover and drop down the bottom flap whan you open hot tap look at the diverter valve (left hand side big brass thing) a little piston should pop out towards you and operate a micorswitch. if it does not ebguage the micro switch then how far does the piston come out if nothing then change the diverter valve if its a bit pm me.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
back feeding from your central heating?
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's not what I meant. Are the hot and cold...
Replies
Views
D
Thanks, have also contacted Viessmann. It's at...
Replies
Views
Dumbaskus
D
  • Question
I'm with Chuck, it may be the shower passing...
Replies
Views
Back