no hot water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss no hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Morning all - I replaced a trv in a large bungalow yesterday. To save draining down I bunged the header tank - rad working fine now but water not heating up. Assume there is now an air lock leading up to the coil in the tank ? How would I clear this ?

cheers dave

Hi. Try isolating rad circuit to get more action on the primary hot water circuit. Check for air release valves local to cylinder. Make sure ball valve is working in expansion cistern. Good Luck

Thanks justlead ; do you mean close down most of the rads and in doing so there should be more flow thro the coil? Also I noticed the ball valve in the header tank is well past it's sell by date - I mentioned to the owner I would replace but why would this cause an air lock?

Hi Yes close down the rad circuit or individual valves. When removing the bung from the cold feed to refill the bit you drained from the system can pull air if the ball valve is not replenishing the cistern.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yep thats right. The other common block place...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What about the return nice flow from it same...
Replies
Views
  • Question
hi have been a plumber for 50 years this month...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's not what I meant. Are the hot and cold...
Replies
Views
Back