no hot water! | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss no hot water! in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Got called to a flat today , just been done up , tennants moved in last week , saying no hot water coming thru tap in kitchen only. bathroom fine, there is a worceser combi in the flat in the bathroom . Hight pressure coming out of hot & cold in bathroom and cold tap in kitchen , but water is dribbling out of hot tap in kitchen, isolator under tap is open fully, and there is nothing wrong with the tap. pipes are running under concerete floor, any ideas what it could be? never seen a blockage on a pipe supplied with mains pressure before. there is so little water coming out of tap in kitchen that it wont hit the combi on.any ideas much appreciated

I have seen blockages where the copper or flexi tails are threaded into the tsp body, so disconnecting service valve would check for this. Could also be a blockage in the service valve?

ISO's aren't always honest. They don't break often but when they do you find yourself ripping the house apart before you think '' Is that ISO just spinning?'' I had it a couple of years ago where I 'closed' the ISO but the ball part inside had detatched from the turny bit outside. Probably worth a quick check matey.

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Could be the washer in the tap itself.
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think 2.7LPM is the minimum requireed so...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Back