No Hot Water | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No Hot Water in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

J

joanna

I was working is some flats today with very old systems. I was trying to turn the hot water off and could only find 3 gate valves at the base of the condensing boiler. One was totally seized, and two turned but did not turn the water off. If I ran the hot bath taps, no water came out of the bathroom or kitchen hot tap.

I left everything as I found it and said I would return to complete the job another day. The tenants have since phoned me to say they have no hot water. The pipes from the boiler are very hot but the water from the hot taps is running cold. Can anyone help? Thanks!

i may be able to help but need more info on which pipes, the type of system, how many flats, how many boilers etc.

are u sure its a condensing boiler? this would make any difference to the working of the pipes, did you mean combination boiler?

Upvote 0
your post don't make any sense at all

first your trying to turn off hot water
then you run the hot tap but no water comes out
then you disapear and will be back another day
now the customer has phoned to say they have no hot water.

well you knew that before you left them they had no hot water.

hope you don't treat all your customers like that or will not have any.

Upvote 0
How is the hot water generated? Is it stored in a separate hot water cylinder, supplied from a cold water cistern above, and heated directly or indirectly by pipes from the boiler? Or is it a combi-boiler that generates hot water instantaneously, with no stored hot water? Or is the hot water for the flats produced by electrical heating in a hot water cylinder? Or is the system sealed and supplied directly off the mains cold water?

Give us some info and we might be able to help!

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What type of cylinder do you have?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Are you sure the taps arnt off the mains as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not to my knowledge but they're not things I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Ben-Gee - thats a good idea! But...
Replies
Views
Back