No HW, CH works fine | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No HW, CH works fine in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

U

Unregistered

Hi all!

In need of some advice. Got home yesterday after a hard days graft, jumped in the shower only to find out there is no hot water left! Went to the thermostat and clicked 'water boost' The boiler didn't kick into life at all. No lights no nothing. I tried basic resets to no success. I then tried turning the CH on but the boiler still didn't spring to life! I have no power to the boiler. I traced the wiring back to the airing cupboard and checked supplies to pump and valve. Pump checked ok but no power to/from valve. I took the electrical front off (it's a Drayton Mid 3port) and found the valve was seized so assumed it had burnt the electrical piece out. This evening I replaced the valve body and electrical front but still have no hot water! The central heating now works though as long as it is turned on by itself. As soon as I turn the hot water on the boiler cuts out.

Any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. Hopefully ive overlooked something or I've got a bad understanding of how the system works???

Cheers

Dan

Similar plumbing topics

With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
Which model combi? Have you checked heating...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Back