No longer available for work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No longer available for work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

T

TWD

Hi Guys,

After giving it careful consideration I will no longer be offering web design services as TWD / Tradesman Web Design.

I hope you all have a positive 2015 and wish you the best for the future.

Errr no, Why would I throw away over 15 years expertise to do that?

I didn't say I was giving up on Web Design - just on this particular industry.

Well, it's a pity as the comments you received were largely constructive. The ability to deal with feedback is pretty important if you want to grow as a person and as a business.

By the way, I looked at your own website, the TWD one. It's not a particularly flattering showcase for your "15 years of expertise". Two of your four case studies have zero content, just the " Lorem ipsum" placeholder text. One has some headings but no depth of content or detail on exactly how you achieved the client's aims - which is the main purpose of a case study! Bad grammar and spelling all over. For someone purporting to be able to help market other businesses, you've done a pretty sub-optimal job of selling yourself...

Well, it's a pity as the comments you received were largely constructive. The ability to deal with feedback is pretty important if you want to grow as a person and as a business.

By the way, I looked at your own website, the TWD one. It's not a particularly flattering showcase for your "15 years of expertise". Two of your four case studies have zero content, just the " Lorem ipsum" placeholder text. One has some headings but no depth of content or detail on exactly how you achieved the client's aims - which is the main purpose of a case study! Bad grammar and spelling all over. For someone purporting to be able to help market other businesses, you've done a pretty sub-optimal job of selling yourself...

Masood, Well you could have pm'd me - but you would rather make public comments - why? hmmm

Masood, Well you could have pm'd me - but you would rather make public comments - why? hmmm

You chose the public forum to advertise yourself. You chose to have a hissy fit when given constructive criticism. You chose to throw your toys out of the pram and no longer deal with plumbers.

Why suddenly the need for secrecy? I do have a site. It's not perfect but we're getting there. I also have a reviews page which is unmoderated by me or my web designer. When you put yourself up for public scrutiny, you need a strong chin and the humility to accept that there will ALWAYS, without fail, be something that could be improved. If I got a poor review, I wouldn't suddenly decide not to deal with that person any more, I'd ask them for more detail so I could improve myself.

I don't have any personal beef with you, but you are selling a service which at the moment is poor quality. We get a lot of people doing similar. I want nothing more than for you to take constructive criticism on board, provide good-looking website with accurately written copy, and make a living whilst helping others do the same. You seem to want to churn out poor quality work, get paid for it, and be immune from having your mistakes scrutinised. I call that a rip-off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

A
  • Question
They generally have the same size thread. 3/4"...
Replies
Views
hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
I should have said "S-plan plus", of course!
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Back