No more leak island kitchen drain after unclog | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No more leak island kitchen drain after unclog in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed to be coming out from the base of the pipe.
I've removed a section of drywall for inspection purposes. After filling both sinks with water and activating the garbage disposal, I observed a slow drainage. Around 30 seconds later, water began to emerge from the base of the pipe, forming a small pool in the drywall before eventually spilling over. Identifying the specific pipe responsible is challenging since the drain and vent pipes are in close proximity. Notably, I observed bubbles emanating from the vent side of the pipe during one instance, and subsequently, the small pool of water gradually subsided. Additionally, I observed a small hole in the vent pipe, but there are no apparent signs of water emanating from it. Any idea where the leak might be?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.44.56 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.44.56 AM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.45.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.45.12 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.45.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.45.23 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 47

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Crazy, was that the sub's first job ever...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yup, U. S. of A ... and "solvent weld straight...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
As above , could be a venting issue if you...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Tbh give them all a good flush / run you will...
Replies
Views
Back