No more work they say | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No more work they say in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

S

smtplumbing

Only happens when rays closed i have had two boiler changes since he is closed Grrr,

Any one else working tomorrow or new year eve boiler dead.jpg

leo i will give you a better one as well i upload them in a few mins.

Ray i dont care, horse and cart them up here i used to like you. PS i still do please forgive me

PSS customer is allways right hahahah

Went and picked up two boilers today. Fitting one tomorrow, the other ASAP. Shame couldn't buy them from Williams..

On a slight tangent, Ray, I'm struggling to get rid of the wooden packing crates. Are you totally committed to using them???

On a slight tangent, Ray, I'm struggling to get rid of the wooden packing crates. Are you totally committed to using them???

The trouble with not using them Mas, is that we got more than 10% damage in transit. We can ship without, but I wouldn't want to take responsibility for damage.

Have you tried your local freecycle? It seems to work well elsewhere. Or simply use it to package the old boiler on its trip to the scrappie.

i called up last week for a logic plus no carrier, then sunday (yesturday) call out to the above i had to order it all from Pts logic plus 2x meter extensions 2 45 pitch slate roof flue and magnaclean. all comes in the morrow man

Dont worry about it i need a independent in January

mas i put them on facebook for sale pages these go like hot cakes

talking of boxes ray where you not going to do a comp to show you what we used our boxes for lol ?

Ah well. I was thinking of one of those Top Gear specials - "you have to get 3 central heating combis from Portsmouth to Scotland in a reliant robin..."

Could have made my TV career! :)

I too struggle to get rid!! Tried facebook, freecycle, everything, 1 person wanted to know if it would fit in her mini!!
I use hacksaw to cut the hinges off all sides and flat pack it!!
then skip it or send it to the dump!! Breaks your heart when you see the price of plywood!!

I have some stored in the garage flat packed. They fold up easy enough and go back together again.

Friend of the next door neighbour takes one now and again as he uses them to make bird houses :)

Or simply use it to package the old boiler on its trip to the scrappie.

Did that with the first couple. Almost got away with it - was back in the van when the scrappie came running out telling me to take my boxes away! :D

Have tried freecycle but will try facebook for sale pages. :)

Crates are a bit of a pain.

I used most of them to make shelving for the back of the new van but I'm out of ideas now. I have an arrangement with a scrap man who takes all cardboard etc for the old boiler in return which works ok, but he doesn't take the crates!

Can I be cheeky and ask how much the crates cost you, Ray?

Can I be cheeky and ask how much the crates cost you, Ray?

Between £15 and £20 depending on the size. But the carrier give us a discount for shipping high value stuff in them, so the net cost is probably about 2/3rds that.

More important is the fact that of well over 1000 boilers that have gone in those crates, only about 3 have been damaged. Without the crate, boiler damages were running at nearly 10%. And its not just the damage to the boiler, its customer whose job has been ruined and plans upset. Thats not protected by insurance.

So would it not pay to return them in say packs of 3- 5? On a delivery you raise a pick up and collect the flat packed boxes?

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for posting the picture... Maybe it was...
Replies
Views
Yep that uses the ideal valves common issue...
Replies
Views
Fitted the blue cap and keeps the valve...
Replies
Views
Back