No not water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No not water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had a customer call me out on Friday complaining about no hot water.

Went up into the loft and looked in the cistern - 3 dead and decomposing mice - 2 floaters and 1 jammed in the tank outlet. Water out of hot tap smelt rank. Removed the mice and used a kitchen sieve to scoop out the fur and debris.

Advised customer that the cistern should have a sealed lid fitted.

At first the mice don't block the outlet. After they die they float due to the gases of putrification gases inside them. After putrefaction becomes more advanced they start to sink, at which point they would end up in the outlet.

Had one last year where the cold tap in the bathroom stopped. After a bit of looking I realised it was fed from a tank. Tank full of water, no apparent blockages. Put a hosepipe onto the tap and blew back from the outside tap into the tank. A rotting mouse's head popped into the tank. The lady said she thought the water had tasted funny. The rest of the mouse was in the filter elements in the shower pump.

Another one the year before - was called out to investigate a problem with the shower drain. Turned out it wasn't the drain but a rotting pigeon floating in the tank. Again, feathers had got into the shower mixer.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi SI......is the shower on the same floor as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'm with Chuck, it may be the shower passing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
That definitely sounds like an airlock on the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
To be fair, in my own house, I'd probably be...
Replies
Views
Back