No pressure to mains water meter | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No pressure to mains water meter in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

We’ve purchased a 1920’s bungalow that’s been unoccupied for a long time. I’m in the process of trying to sort the water supply at the moment.
The water meter was submerged and when drained would quickly fill up again, we had south west water take a look, they said it was a leak on the service side connection and replaced the bottom part of the meter.

I’ve isolated the incoming main at the house. When I cut the pipe it was pressurised but quickly lost pressure, I guess because it’s stopped at the meter.

right now if I turn the meter on, we get nothing. The meter doesn’t spin, we get no leak dial spinning and I can’t feel any pressure when it opens.
I need to contact south west water again but it feels like it’s been isolated before the meter. I’ve checked with the neighbours and they all have normal supply with their own meter + stopcock.

I found this under a cover at the roadside, can anyone tell me what it is and if it could be the source of the issue?
29A59B03-C7BD-4E0C-B195-931F2F45CCBA.jpeg

95564121-747E-4CD1-981A-189B0BF8E478.jpeg

BE68E4CC-D474-4302-8BF6-3EC5BC8E0078.jpeg

i started this process with southwest water back in November and this is how far we’ve got, hence why I’m asking here. any help appreciated!

Is that a meter above the FH valve? If so is it normal to have a meter?
The white thing is the outlet, square blue thing operates the valve and mates with the fireman's key.

Standpipes come with their own meters. If your house burns down the water company generously allows the fire service to use their water to help put it out. I assume this is one of their statutary duties because I'd bet they'd charge for it if they could.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
A groundworker will normally do the whole...
Replies
Views
  • Question
So, to close this thread the solution I found...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. Yes I did that with all of them and no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You've fecked up, it's not the way to do it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You can, as suggested, top up at night/very...
Replies
Views
Back