No sign of life - ideal ICOS 15he | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No sign of life - ideal ICOS 15he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

shyguy2005

Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

Just got back from a neighbours house who’s ideal ICOS 15he showing no sign of life. Not lights nothing.

Checked fuse spur and working fine.
240v to boiler .
240v to on/off switch.
Checked short circuit on the on/switch and came back fine.

I’d say main pcb has gone but how do you test to make sure it’s not the user control board?

Now he recently swapped his programmer (Honeywell) up in the airing cupboard as screen was constantly flickering on/off even when no demand etc.
So he’s got like for like and I’m guessing just pulled the old off and clicked new one on without isolating power . Could this surge the board?

Cheers. .

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Heating repaired. Was the central heating zone...
Replies
Views
Sorry, the forum rules forbid discussion of...
Replies
Views
Super late to the party but... I heard a...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Thanks for all the help, went...
Replies
Views
Back