No water sound when turning filler tap by expansion vessel. | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss No water sound when turning filler tap by expansion vessel. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Have an Ariston unvented hot water tank in airing cupboard with the red and white expansion vessels and a filler tap. As advised years ago on these forums when I hear that sound that the central heating water needs topping up I usually wait until cold so the gauge goes to zero and top up to 1. Heard the sound a few days ago on starting so went to gauge and it was showing 2 even when cold. So I went to the filler tap, turned it and whereas normally it's like turning on a mains tap in terms of the sound, there was nothing at all as if there was no water supply. All the rads are hot so no air lock evident. Been in house since 2008 and not had this experience before. What might be up? Do I need it checking out? Thanks.

The filling loop could have been left open slightly and you mains pressure at the filling location could be 2 bar. This, no more pressure to increase system pressure and no noise of flowing water.

Close both filling loop valves and disconnect hose. Get bucket and open filling loop into bucket to prove mains connection.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks for the info. Went over today and it...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I think 2.7LPM is the minimum requireed so...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
I have to put water into the expansion tank...
Replies
Views
Philip Duff
P
  • Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
Back