noise coming from unvented cylinder | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss noise coming from unvented cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scooky

slight whine coming from unvented cylinder
I have installed a unvented cylinder that is making a small high pitched noise. This is happening when no water is being drawn off. If you draw water off the noise disappears but comes back after about 5 mins.

I have checked the expansion vessel charge.
There is no discharge from temp or pressure relief and these are both working.
Hot water temp is checked and the same as the stat 60 degrees
Cold main supply comes from stop tap with no draw offs. All hot and cold supplies balanced via inlet control group.

Manufacturer will come out but has threatened to charge if they consider the noise not their fault

Any ideas out there?

Cheers

Does it make the noise all the time or just when ch is running ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I would doubt it but the guy said they aren't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back