Noise when running hot taps and shower | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Noise when running hot taps and shower in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

C

Cruddace

Hi - last couple of days noticed loud noise starts when turn hot water and shower on. Not the pipes banging as heard this before. Any ideas what could be causing it
thanks

Do you have open vented hot water with a cylinder you need to heat up before you get hot water- i.e. the old fashioned system, not a combi or an unvented cylinder?
If so the likely culprit is the float valve in your cold water storage tank.
Simple enough job for a plumber if access is OK, not so simple if you're doing it yourself and don't have experience of such things.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I have a problem with noise and vibrations...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, have you fixed your shower and if so...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have to admit that I don't know what a 60...
Replies
Views
  • Question
HI Basher UPDATE ; I found a seal kit!! as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Left looking at the mixer is the usual side...
Replies
Views
Back