noisey toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss noisey toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adrianfs1

hi guys looking for some suggestions,
have toilet that when flushed and starts to refill , makes a noise like a horn, any suggestions.

you will have to llok at reducing the flow to the toilet

The service valve may help if you turn it down a touch

Can see it beeing the fill vlave though creating a horn sound

It could be there's debris in the float valve, easily fixed, shut your water off, dismantel the float valve and clean out any crap..... taaa dahhhh!

good luck

Sean

only just started doing this, so cant see it being a flow problem, will try cleaning out float/fill valve, thanks guys keep suggestions coming

i have this problem all the time when im doing maintenance. just replace the ballcock washer, thats all.

wow must be the time of year for them, Had four of em this week, and its only tuesday...
all got swapped for nice n quite torbeks, j
ob dun!
:)

yeah torbecks are good, although ive had a few last summer that just screamed everytime they were filling up. must have been a bad batch.

this toilet is a handle flush, shpuld i just replace the ball valve

this toilet is a handle flush, should i just replace the ball valve

Last edited by a moderator:
did one last year for a deaf couple!! The neighbours were complaining about it!!

Thanks for the gen guys, turned out when i stripped the fill valve the diaphram was not seated correctly or had moved, reseated it and now seams fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
If the toilet is blocking up gradually it...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
You have a blockage somewhere. Time to call...
Replies
Views
Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
thank you very much - i will see if i can find...
Replies
Views
Back