Noisy baxi solo | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Noisy baxi solo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

abelag

Gas Engineer
Hi guys
Need some help with a baxi solo 24 he. It's making a loud buzzing noise once it's been on for about 20 minutes, it sounds like a fighter plane. It only does it when the heating is on and it's fine when only the hot water is on, any ideas? thanks.

Are you sure that it is the boiler making the buzzing noise?
If your answer is yes, then I suggest you consult a Gas Safe registered engineer.

Fan bearing once its warmed up, or running at low speed? Ketteling would occur on DHW and heating unless heating return was restricted or rads had lots of air in them? Have u checked too of hex and flue, seen some half full of aluminium flakes. Turn it right down and run do u get same noise?

Could be heat ex i had one where it was making a noise on heating side tried a fan wasnt that spoke to baxi they said gas valve or fan didnt change gas valve as wasnt convinced customer went o a contract turned out to be heat ex

Replaced it the noise only appeared after htg had been on for a whilei think it was originaly faulty and the instalelrs turnd down the boiler stat and when i serviced it it then appeared cos i put the boiler on high, turned it down and it dissapeared

That makes sense , cause one of the rads was stone cold the trv was stuck shut as soon as I loosened it up the noise stopped for about 5-10 mins (it obviously cooled the water down) then it come back on when it got hotter.

I had a chaffy last year that sounded like a lancaster bomber was in the house , as the heating got hotter the noise got louder that was the hex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
No problem. Nice to be thanked and appreciated...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Replacement wiring centre is a lot quieter...
Replies
Views
Hi all, i have a Baxi solo boiler which is...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
If you turned the boiler off it’s not the...
Replies
Views
Back