noisy boiler need help!!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss noisy boiler need help!!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

n.chapman

hi, we have a problem with our boiler noise, we moved to this house in may and we have had a new combi boiler fitted in the loft the exsisting one was in the kitchen and was a balance flu. the piping is microbore to the radiators, we had a new bathroom fitted at the same time. The garage has been converted to a study which is on 15ml we had the heating system power flushed out and had new rad valves fitted, apart from the one in the study. All the internall walls are stud partition. After the boiler has been running for an hour or so we get a drumming noise in the corner of the lounge which is the other side of the stairs with the boiler on the external wall inline above from where the noise is coming from, it sounds like a car engine running outside, if you slowly turn a hot tap slowly on and off you can make the noise go down and up. we are also on our third thermostatic shower valve as when in the shower the shower goes completly cold, this all since the end of august. our plumber seems to have given up

many thanks for reading this

Drumming noise after ch on for a prolonged period is almost always a Thermostatic rad valve, could be existing valve or new one fitted the wrong way round? As for shower I'd look at a pressure equalising valve to stop the cold overpowering the hot supply? Your plumber may have already considered this, but its worth asking him.

Try turning different radiator thermostats on and off, when you find the faulty one the noise will stop while your turning it.

Agree with this for rad noise problem;Try turning different radiator thermostats on and off, when you find the faulty one the noise will stop while your turning it.
for thermostatic mixer valve if you remove the mixer valve and connect your hot and cold supplies to a pressure gauge you will see any disparity in pressures and be able to take appropriate action to remedy this, some valves allow for different pressures but probably a pressure equalising/regulating valve would be the simplest answer, if anyone is reading this who can help me by telling me how to start a thread on this forum as i have a problem with a baxi megaflo boiler !! Merry Christmas all

Start thread button at the top of the page, the page where the thread titles apear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hi, no current pipework in concrete i believe...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
L
Reading between the lines, are the RGIs on...
Replies
Views
Thanks to all for useful replies.
Replies
Views
Are you in a hard water area? Limescale in...
Replies
Views
Back