Noisy Boiler Worcester Hi- Flow 3.5 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Noisy Boiler Worcester Hi- Flow 3.5 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s5shug

Changed the pump recently.Problem with the pump delay board. Changed this! Pump operating ok now but system boiling internally.Changed hot water stats but during start-up and run-down when the pump runs for approx 10 mins there is a very worrying noise (overheating water?) from the boiler.Any suggestions appreciated.

Did you use heatsink on the stats? What one's exactly have you replaced? There are half a dozen if I memory serves me well :)

Did you use heatsink on the stats? What one's exactly have you replaced? There are half a dozen if I memory serves me well :)
What do you mean by heatsink I have changed trhe dhw control thermostat as werll as the dhw overheat thermostat

Is the DHW o'heat top right outside the main burner box? There were that many versions of Worcester floor standing boilers they kind of merge in my head :)

Heatsink is a thermal conductive paste that helps give a more accurate temp transfer from the pipe to the stat! Without it can result in an inaccurate reading of the water temperatures!

Many thanks Diamondgas.Yes the overheat stat is top right above heat exchanger.Never put any paste on stat.Will it make much difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
J
In a simular situation to yourself, partners...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Reply was much appreciated, thank you.
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
Back