Noisy Combi Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Noisy Combi Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SMK

Hi

Looking for a little advise to make sure I'm not being told rubbish we’ve had some building work done and the bathroom moved and additional radiators fitted, and the Flue moved. I trust my plumber but its find its always good to have a little knowledge when dealing with him

We’ve got a Worcester 24CDI Combi Boiler when starting from Cold First bangs very loudly then appears to shut down for a couple of minutes then starts up again, bangs loudly and appears to shut down does this a couple of times and then appears to work ok. This is from both CH and DHW Once working we have hot radiators and the boiler makes no more noise than normal, but the DHW is not as good as it used to be (Think its the divertor?).

Any advice woudl be appreciated before i call in the engineer

sounds like explosive ignition get it checked over by a competent gas safe engineer

Looking for a little advise to make sure I'm not being told rubbish we’ve had some building work done and the bathroom moved and additional radiators fitted, and the Flue moved. I trust my plumber but its find its always good to have a little knowledge when dealing with him

We’ve got a Worcester 24CDI Combi Boiler when starting from Cold First bangs very loudly then appears to shut down for a couple of minutes then starts up again, bangs loudly and appears to shut down does this a couple of times and then appears to work ok. This is from both CH and DHW Once working we have hot radiators and the boiler makes no more noise than normal, but the DHW is not as good as it used to be (Think its the divertor?).

Any advice woudl be appreciated before i call in the engineer[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
SMK What do mean , he moved the flue , he has to be gas safe to do this

He is (but was provided by the builders so I will check), the flue was through the wall, he moved it and extended it so its now through the Roof rather than the new bedroom

without seeing it i dont know but it doesn't sound healthy

Cheers GQuigley

That bit I know, what i dont is would explosive ignition be 1 loud bang or could it be several with the pressure guage jumping?

Cheers GQuigley

That bit I know, what i dont is would explosive ignition be 1 loud bang or could it be several with the pressure guage jumping?

It could be both
Needs checking out

it could be a diverter valve problem, i had similar symptoms with my old boiler banging noises at the boiler/rads and pressure guage jumping

could be badly installed flue causing ignition problem.(explosive ignition) this can happen when the flue is incorrect and causes a lack of air supply making a build up of gas in the combustion chamber. could possible be the inside/poc tube being disconnect somewhere due to extensions being cut to short on installation. this would make a bang every time the boiler try to fire up.

it could also be something like a diverter vavle stuck/blockage, sometimes when a boiler is drained down and left to dry out things can stick or sludge can go solid.

either way get your engineer back to take a look, leave the boiler cold for when he/she arrives

Once its lit and warmed up it seems fine, making no more noise than normal, he'll be coming back on Tuesday !!

Are you in a hard water area ?? you may have a problem with scale !

Hi possable you have scale in heat exchanger this will cause knocking / banging untll boiler gets hot , may have to get a descale , has system been clean`d ? used to get lots of problems with scale when i lived in Bracknell , but now in Devon so no longer applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All. The pump was disconnected and...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
R
Hi, The outlet of all my radiators are at...
Replies
Views
Renato
R
H
Prob blocked / frozen condense pipe does it...
Replies
Views
Back