Noisy Fan in Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Noisy Fan in Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aidan Kane

Hi everyone.

I have a boiler (Alpha HE CB33) that's working fine but whenever it starts up it makes a horrific rattle for half a second (which happens every 30 minutes with the central heating on).

I'm convinced that it's just the fan in the top left of the boiler that's causing the noise. There's a panel on the top of the boiler but you can't access anything through it.

I've gone as far as removing the front panel and I'm basically just wondering if it's safe to take off the next part of the casing (or if there's some pressure based thing I should know about).

He's a picture of where I'm up to:

boiler : Aidan & Sarah's Pics

The next section has a panel held by 6 screws at the side with one larger screw in the middle.

My hope is that there will just be a loose screw holding the fan assembly (or whatever it is that's making the noise) and I'll be able to tighten it myself.

Any help appreciated.

Aidan.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 21
Sounds like you may need a service

A good service eng will let you know what the problems are and if he can fix it for you

It'll be the fan, new one time Im afraid,

And if you are fiddling, TURN THE POWER OFF TO THE BOILER 1ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if you are fiddling, TURN THE POWER OFF TO THE BOILER 1ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or better still don't touch it at all as your obviously not GSR'd You know you have broken the law already right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sounds like you have found a blockage, if so...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Hi all, i have a Baxi solo boiler which is...
Replies
Views
Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
No problem. Nice to be thanked and appreciated...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months...
Replies
Views
Back