Noisy pipes when toilet is flushed | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Noisy pipes when toilet is flushed in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevenh

I live in a block of purpose built flats. My problem is that whenever i flush the toilet there is a horrible loud continuous groaning sound from the pipes that lasts about 2 minutes while the cistern is filling up behind the bog. Now i also have a water tank in my airing cupboard with a ballcock but this dosnt fill for whatever reason. I'm not 100% sure whether its meant to or not. When i flush the toilet, and then go to wash my hands the noise gets louder until i turn the tap off. I also think the bloke in the flat upstaris has the same issue. Are they connected and what is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
Or raise the cistern
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
A
Good to hear it's now working - even if you're...
Replies
Views
Back