Noisy Sabre HE Boiler When not in use.....it's keeping me awake !! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Noisy Sabre HE Boiler When not in use.....it's keeping me awake !! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RAK

Hello All,

I have searched for advice regarding noisy boilers and at first thought my problem was kettling, however, having thought about it and read the related posts everybody reports problems when the boiler is in use. My problem is really odd in that what I am getting is a sort of rattling during the night when the boiler is off, it happens periodically through the night and lasts for a few seconds each time, I have my boiler near to my bed (healthy!) and so it's really a pain in the proverbial. I have tried using boiler noise reducer but suspect I was barking up the wrong tree, if anyone has any idea what might be going on I would really appreciate it, I know it's a vague post but I don't know what else to say other than that my boiler was installed 2 years ago, into an old existing heating system and although it sounds a bit like rattling pipes I don't see how it can be as the pipes did not rattle previously.

Sorry for the long post..........Cheers All

Oh plus I have to keep topping the pressure up and the boiler on occasion sounds like it starts an stops a lot. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
wonder if the filling loop is passing and still filling the boiler? the rattle (I think), is your pressure release valve blowing off. alternately the secondary heat exchanger may be leaking and the mains pressure will fill the boiler until over 3 bar...at which point the rattling prv blows off!! I've had 'em. put 1 bar of pressure in and turn the boiler off from mains.Sit back and watch, if it rises thats the prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for your reply, all TRV's were new...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
H
A professional is needed to diagnose and...
Replies
Views
Sounds like you have found a blockage, if so...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
This response doesn't make any sense, as the...
Replies
Views
Back