Noisy Toilet Valve? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Noisy Toilet Valve? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gooders

Hi,

I recently joined because I'm rubbish at plumbing and want to try an improve.

Right now I've got a problem with one of my toilets that must be caused by water pressure but i have no idea how to cure. We've stopped using the central heating for a few weeks and now everytime the cold water tap/washing machine/another toilet is used this toilet makes a horrible shrill noise. It's not because it's refilling. It's one of those slim dual button push mechanisms attached to the lid by a cable.

Any ideas

Gooders

Changing the inlet valve usually stops this problem - washer has probably started to fail and it's quicker and not much more expensive to change the whole thing rather than fiddle.

Thanks very much. I've heard about the Torbeck inlet valves - would they be a good bet?

I easily cured my noisy toilet. Just got my wife to stop eating beans at bed time.

I easily cured my noisy toilet. Just got my wife to stop eating beans at bed time.

lol that will help but to stop it completely fluid master pro forget torbeck they were the bees once they chopped and changed the product made it unreliable sadly, fluidmasters my first choice

+1 for fluidmaster, the pro is better as it has a brass shank on it and is only about a quid extra. if your cistern is really small or the hole for the inlet valve is particularly close to the corner the fluidmaster doesn't always fit too easily as it has a big chunky bit at the top. perfect for about 99% of installations tho

Thanks guys, just fitted the fluid master and everything seems to be hunky dory. great advice all round so much appreciated, and special mention to system3 as i've also had a word with the missus about beans, curries, and chilli-con-carne!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You could try a long flexi and make it a wider...
Replies
Views
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a new flat and both...
Replies
Views
I would take a look inside the cistern, make...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Are they all designed to fit a standard...
Replies
Views
Back