Noisy water deposits | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Noisy water deposits in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

D

dougiewoogie

I have two 8000 liter water tanks which are fed by a 1" supply pipe operating at approx. 4 bar. When the tanks are full the water supply is cut off by traditional float valves. While the valves are fully open or fully closed the noise levels are acceptable. The problem I am trying to solve is that when supply and demand are more or less in balance the valves can operate just partially open for long periods of time and this is very noisy. Ideally I need to find a solution where the supply is either "on" or "off" and where the valve only opens after a certain amount of water has been used (to avoid the problem of constantly switching on and off when supply and demand are more or less in balance). Any suggestions?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My water pressure is around 5 bar and I've...
Replies
Views
A
Good to hear it's now working - even if you're...
Replies
Views
  • Question
They need to hold there g3 certificate eg...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello all I'm replacing 2 unvented cylinder a...
Replies
Views
Back