Non certified boiler..... Assistance needed please. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Non certified boiler..... Assistance needed please. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Mobius

Non certified boiler..... Assistance needed please

Went to a property this morning who need some plumbing work signing off as the builder has completed a lot of work years ago and nothing has been certified for building control.

Having looked at the various plumbing such as, sinks, bathroom, cloakrooms etc I have examined the pipework and the job is in my view to a good standard, so I am happy to certify that work for them.

I also noticed that an oil fired boiler has been installed. This was installed at the same time as the building/plumbing works were undertaken but no benchmark was filled out. Obviously the warrenty is not valid/expired but in order for building control to be satisfied.... please what options exist for this family.

Obviously we are all aware that the plumber ought to be reported etc, but I am looking for assistance with regards to the problem re a boiler with no benchmark and how to satisfy building control.

I appreciate all your help in advance. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non certified boiler - Assistance needed please.

I take it that there's no CD11 for the installation or building control notification. Get building control on board and I would go through a CD11 with a fine tooth comb, make sure its all upto current regs and go from there.

get hold of person who installed boiler etc, ask for oftec, (i think do oil) registration number of installer and take from there.

If it hasnt been signed off by the installer (because he is not oftec reg,d) the ONLY other way is to apply for retrospective planning and get the building inspector to sign it off (subject to the usual fee). The boiler can then be commissioned and a CD11 can be issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
Yes spot on need to have a look behind the...
Replies
Views
👍🏻 I knew the fire ones had to be, we've done...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Back