Non return valve failure? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Non return valve failure? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi there,

All was good until one day the hot water suddenly started running quite a lot cooler. Putting my hand on the output at the boiler it's still hot there so I'm guessing there's a problem with cold water feeding into the hot water somewhere along the line. I have mixer taps on two bathroom sinks and in the kitchen, plus a shower with a mixer.

I'm guessing that it's one of these that's at fault.

Here's my question – is what's happening that the cold is getting into the hot line even though the tap itself is closed? Mixing through the mixer? And if the answer is yes, what is the best way of working out where the problem is coming from?

Thanking you experts in advance

Steve

Will be the shower normally easy to test if it’s a bar mixer

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There was a single tap causing the issue. We...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you. Good to know that there are options...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Isolate the hot pipework and see if it still...
Replies
Views
Back