Non scientific experiment | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Non scientific experiment in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
We work in a lot of houses belonging to people from all walks of life but has anyone else noticed that some stereotypes repeat them selves?

so I'm going to post a few common findings and see if you can match the culture/persons living their.

1. Deep fat fryer used to cook everything. Yellow net curtains, dog shaped hole in the drywall through most of downstairs.
2. House smells a lot like TCP
3. Red or blue carpet throughout (has floral patten more often then not)
4. Little or no furniture people living in every room. Usually find DIY bodies holding things together
5. Computers everywhere, odd smell of cheese in every room no one has vacuumed in a while.
6. You'd wipe your feet on the way out, house stinks of weed bathroom covered in pubic hair.
7. House is immaculate, airing cupboard pristine slotted screws on everything avocado suite with corner bath.

heres some examples of what I'm expecting back.
1. HA/council tenants white, scruffy looking greasy hair 5 staffies running free
7. Old couple husband used to be an engineer, very house proud. Small ornament dogs everywhere

I see a lot of 6 in property management places, I don't know how people can live in shyte holes.
My house ain't perfect but we know how to use the hoover and do the surfaces :lol:

Solicitors and teachers.
1 Volvo or old golf on drive.
2 old bikes and a trampoline in back garden.
3 Victorian house with original features.( never painted or any update)
4 pile of unopened mail.
5 dog hair everywhere.
5 books everywhere.
6 skid marks in the bog
7 and finally. They know everything! or think they know!

Sorry I get your post now!.

number 5.single man, never had a girlfriend. Plays world of Warcraft all bloody night so can't have a job.
6 student let. Empty tins of special brew and pizza boxes that missed the bin!

I find number 2 is often inhabited with people from china it's something they cook with house is nearly always spotless but that smell is in nearly everyone I go in

Massive house, nice cars, horrendous decor. Can't understand that a 24kw heatline won't heat the 1200m2 gym and pool.

House stinks she's a mess but more cleaning products under sink than in tesco.

House proud , make do and mend grown up kids.... Bloke who's been servicing bbu for last 25years just retired. Every bloody toy their kids ever had in loft.

3. Old lady. Husband died 10 years ago. Eye level grill, grundig radio, shackltons chair.

Massive house, nice cars, horrendous decor. Can't understand that a 24kw heatline won't heat the 1200m2 gym and pool.

House stinks she's a mess but more cleaning products under sink than in tesco.

House proud , make do and mend grown up kids.... Bloke who's been servicing bbu for last 25years just retired. Every bloody toy their kids ever had in loft.

Your first is is a builder or someone who was in the right place at the right time to afford house but can't afford the upkeep.

the next, single mum kids not around your knocking on the door at 2pm has just woken her up.

And finally upper working class he is recently retired from a printers she is still part time cleaner in a school. Loft is boarded and well lit (not that you can move) and someone really needs to get rid if those polystyrene tiles in the hall. And every time you visit one of the kids has piped in to see mum

That pretty much sums up most of my customers, especially the old (boxed ) toys in the attic
We've also got another type around here

"2 cars on the drive and f*** all in the fridge" brigade
Couple in late 20's, both worked, now got a toddler and another on the way, living beyond their means

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back