Non-Standard pipe connection - please help! | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Non-Standard pipe connection - please help! in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally.

I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits.

I can't cut a new hole above, because it would be too high. I can't go into the floor cavity without lifting two layers of marine ply that I've just put down - plus I think the manifold continues under there that I don't think a tee would fit on to.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Or even a bodge?

Attachments

• 20230928_193035.jpg
    20230928_193035.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 20230928_193043.jpg
    20230928_193043.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230928_193138.jpg
    20230928_193138.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 44
What the Damn is that fitting. Is that even air tight? it looks like the branch is just loose in the top of the boss pipe.

Check for a name or product number on the boss then try and find the right adaptor or shop around for a variety of sizes until you get lucky

What the Damn is that fitting. Is that even air tight? it looks like the branch is just loose in the top of the boss pipe.

Check for a name or product number on the boss then try and find the right adaptor or shop around for a variety of sizes until you get lucky
Yeah, I dunno - it keeps the toilet waste separate from the bath/basin waste internally. It's all sealed and works fine tho yeah

It's just the opening - I've really searched online, but every boss adaptor I can find is around 67-68mm. Is there some other adaptor I would look for? Or a place that sells non-standard/to order parts?

Otherwise I was thinking of bodging it in by trimming a boss adaptor down with a stanley, and then using silicone.

Then maybe covering the whole thing using one of these - Amazon product
Thoughts?

2” coupling or 2” reducer will fit

Or have you tried a 11/2 coupling ?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Looks like it’s 50mm What’s the od of the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
When it comes to solvent weld plastic pipes...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.ipsflowsystems.com/cpvc-solvent-cem...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Bit OTT there Nancy 25 characters!!!
Replies
Views
  • Question
With patience, I’ve not come across a socket...
Replies
Views
Back