Non Standard Soil Pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Non Standard Soil Pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Lupton

I have moved into a new house recently and yesterday I noticed water on the bathroom floor. On closer inspection I noticed it was a leak from the toilet waste pipe connector. It looks like a bad job. The pan outlet is 80mm, but the soil pipe is also 80mm and not a standard 110mm. Whoever fitted it has tried to force a 80mm to 110mm pipe connector on and damaged it. I have tried a search online to find a 80mm to 80mm connector but no luck. Any quick fixes?

call back the original plumber for a quick fix or a decent one who'll take their time and do it right

Botch job call them back as above should be 110 out the back of your toilet and linked to your pan with a multiquick which fits you pan one end and the 110 soil the other.

Botch job call them back as above should be 110 out the back of your toilet and linked to your pan with a multiquick which fits you pan one end and the 110 soil the other.

There are many 1000's of pans connected to a 3.5" waste that work perfectly well if connected properly

But nowadays its kind of normal to use 4" infact i will have a side bet with you that if we randomly choose 50 houses each how many do you think will have a 3.5" waste...

Picture of the back of the pan and connector and connection to soil pipe would be good.

I did one last year, impossible to get 4" under the floor which is common in some houses round here so dropped to 3" about a metre from the toilet and ran that to stack. Works perfectly.

But nowadays its kind of normal to use 4" infact i will have a side bet with you that if we randomly choose 50 houses each how many do you think will have a 3.5" waste...

I don't disagree with this statement, but your original statement said it was a bad job, which I disagreed with as there are 1000's done in 3.5"

I don't disagree with this statement, but your original statement said it was a bad job, which I disagreed with as there are 1000's done in 3.5"
PS I could pick about 200 and they all have 3.5" cast wastes, so my average will be very high, but I agree most are done in 4"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A 110mm coupling and the adapter...
Replies
Views
Found it. Roca UK after sells support were...
Replies
Views
Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
Back