Not convinced my new TRVs are any good | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Not convinced my new TRVs are any good in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I installed 2 sets of TRVs on my radiators in the front room but not convinced they make the radiators as hot as they could be if they were fitted with ordinary valves. They are set to the hottest position. Any clues?

If you want conviction rather than opinion you're going to need to measure the radiator temperature anyway. Infra-red thermometer.

Take the TRV heads off and see if temperature returns. Odd and unlikely that both TRV's are malfunctioning, have you installed them correctly?

Take the TRV heads off and see if temperature returns. Odd and unlikely that both TRV's are malfunctioning, have you installed them correctly?
Yep. Installed to instructions both on the flow. I noticed that the pin inside the TRV doesn't move up or down very much but that's probably the way they were manufactured.

The 2 radiators are new column style ones. They came with a spring type thing that could be inserted into the bottom of the rad but after a call to the supplier they said I didn't need to insert them.

I would not put to much confidence on what suppliers said re spring baffles.
They are there to push flow round rad.
About 2 years ago we needed to install a designer rad as a heat leak
After long discussion with manufacturer (radiator company) we installed it as they instructed only half the dam thing worked!
Not quite what was required

I would not put to much confidence on what suppliers said re spring baffles.
They are there to push flow round rad.
About 2 years ago we needed to install a designer rad as a heat leak
After long discussion with manufacturer (radiator company) we installed it as they instructed only half the dam thing worked!
Not quite what was required
So the springs ain't worth installing. Not that I want to cause it'll mean draining down again :(

Similar plumbing topics

A simple thing i'd probably check is the...
Replies
Views
D
I'm not familiar with your boiler, but...
Replies
Views
I forgot to add above another option, would it...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
Since it became normal for trv's to be bi...
Replies
Views
Back