Not enough hot water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Not enough hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

S

Starship1

Hi All;
We have a Worchester Combi boiler fitted 2006, later fitted a combi mate, had a service in Oct 2009, all was well.

But for some time we don't seem to get enough hot water to fill a bath, takes for ever to run to hot, first we run the cold water off we then place the plug in the bath and can only half fill it before it runs cold again.

Any ideas would be grateful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All;
We have a Worchester Combi boiler fitted 2006, later fitted a combi mate, had a service in Oct 2009, all was well.

But for some time we don't seem to get enough hot water to fill a bath, takes for ever to run to hot, first we run the cold water off we then place the plug in the bath and can only half fill it before it runs cold again.

Any ideas would be grateful.

diverter valve solenoid would be my first port of call.

Thanks for the reply, now i have to find it, :)
Bottom right hand corner of the boiler as you look at it with the case off, small black valve with a metal rod that comes out of the top of it, this rod moves an arm up and down which controls where the heated water from the boiler moves around, the heating circuit or the hot water plate heat exchanger. take off the case get an assistant to turn on the hot water, the arm should move up, if it doesnt unclip the solenoid and try to move the arm with your finger/ see if the solenoid goes up etc.....
the solenoid might be coverd in a removable green cover btw.

Bottom right hand corner of the boiler as you look at it with the case off, small black valve with a metal rod that comes out of the top of it, this rod moves an arm up and down which controls where the heated water from the boiler moves around, the heating circuit or the hot water plate heat exchanger. take off the case get an assistant to turn on the hot water, the arm should move up, if it doesnt unclip the solenoid and try to move the arm with your finger/ see if the solenoid goes up etc.....
the solenoid might be coverd in a removable green cover btw.

Nice one, Thanks for that, I think i have it from the diagram below, would it be 3 Diverter Valve ?.although it seems to be in a different place than you suggested.

1519004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You Can Use Boiler, Heat Pump.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Not to my knowledge but they're not things I...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
take iso valves off and fit 1/2 inch x 22mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks. I'll try to find a hard copy as I...
Replies
Views
Back