not getting enough work! | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss not getting enough work! in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

J

johna1

just a quick one for anyone in newcastle area, I am not getting much work lately just wondering hows its going for anyone else??

only been going self-employed for a year after working for someone else for 5years, things had been getting busy after a slow start but now it seems like iam back way i started, u got any advice for me?

yeah got my van all signed up, got my flyers and business cards everyway i can think of, even go round on my days off posting them til i run out. had it in the local paper too.

Been self employed nearly 6 years now so I'm finding it easier as 'established' a lot of my work is 'recommendations' and I also do a bit of subbing for one of the oil people in the area. I advertise in the local paper, keep an eye out for the 'planning permissions' in the paper and also not backwards in coming forwards when I see building work going on as I drive about, just pop in leave me card. I don't work cheap in fact just put up my rates but I'm not the most expensive by a long way.

Just keep at it hope it changes for you.

bad economic climate, lots of competition springing up everywhere, it's tough. those who are established may not notice so much but it's probably nothing you're doing wrong. keep advertising, keep working to a high standard and if you can keep your head above water you'll busy up again before too long.

Mail shot all the builders, letting agent, property management companies in your area with your details, doesn't bring much in but i get a couple of calls a week from them, SimonG's tip to keep an eye on the planning applications is a great tip, i never thought of that on, at the moment i'm on our local planning website a couple of times a day as im waiting for my extension planning to go through.

i know we need a break they need to pull their finger out and get us on our feet again!! cheers for the support too just need to pick my chin up and start the fight again! ding-ding!

people are working hard on advertising to get work, didnt used to be this way
seems that the only people making good money out of plumbing at the moment is business card makers and advertisers!

Similar plumbing topics

Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Hi There Did you manage to get some work...
Replies
Views
Good Morning, Did you get sorted?
Replies
Views
Hi All I've just started out studying NVQ...
Replies
Views
Well...diy I put a curtain pole up in my...
Replies
Views
Back