Not what I was expecting | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Not what I was expecting in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had a job come through today, customer says the cold water pressure bursts out the tap dies of then comes back and runs fine.

So make my way over expecting to find a dodgy prv or blending valve maybe back flow from a shower. After the customer is finished demonstrating the problem I ask to see the airing cupboard as I believe that maybe where the problem is.
She responds do you mean the thing with the hot water tank? That's downstairs just make your way down its the last door you come to.
I open the door and my jaw dropped on the floor as I was not expecting this!!!
imagejpeg

The anticipation is killing me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

here think this should work really struggling to upload let alone get it the right way up.
photo.jpg

Thats a cold water storage tank in the cellar that has 2 pumps on it that then feeds the 3 cloakrooms 5 en suites a utillity and a dog washing room.

Turns out the silver expansion vessel isnt what it seems. its actually an accumulator that stores pressure so the tap gives a steady pressure until the pump kicks in then when the tap shuts the pump runs on to re fill the accumulator till the next time. ended up that the accumulator had lost its charge. so nothing to complicated but nearly dropped a brick when i opened the door and was faced with that!

could have been worse. there could have been a body drop out lol. looks a serious bit of kit.

looks like somebody has an account with rm labels.

looks like a quality installation. 3 bed semi?? ;)

somebody thought that out,had pride in there work

Im not surprised that house is worth more then i'll earn in a life time. I should imagine that was someone on a day rate rather then price. but was nice to see everything marked up clipped and just how it should be.

quality installation. like been said pride in there work. takes a certain installation to show off like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

So it’s 4am and after the noise woke me up...
Replies
Views
M
Based on the information in post #1, my guess...
Replies
Views
Is the newboiler a heat only boiler with a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well done, BUT, does it work and then does it...
Replies
Views
Excellent thank you for taking the time to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back